Sunday, May 26, 2013

I'm hunting Elephants DUH!

I was reading a book on my lunch break when a co worker sits down next to me and says "Whatca doing?"
So I set my book down and told her "I'm hunting elephants"


Ask a stupid question right?

What about me sitting there reading invites people to try and strike up inane conversation? 
what are you doing? (hunting elephants)
what are you reading (I will hold it up and show the spine) 
Is it any good ( obviously or I would not be reading it) 
have you read anything by ___ (probably) 

When you see a person with a book the POLITE thing to do is ignore them.  I was there first, alone, and reading. Not my fault you chose to look for conversation in all the wrong places. 

I read to ESCAPE the mundanity of daily life. I only have a 15 minute break to travel to the world of make believe. Keep your damn reality away from me before I beat your ass with a hardcover 





No comments:

Post a Comment